I love juicing and it is a big part of my fight against cancer, please take the time to read this article by Drew Canole, it's great:
Like everything in life, if you put in more you will get more out. If you prepare well for a fast then you should feel the benefits.The ability to succeed at a goal such as weight loss often starts in your head. Undergoing a mental makeover enables you to break your bad habits. The key to transforming your body is transfoming your mind. Before you start you juice fast journey prep your mind with these simple strategies.
1. Goal SettingWrite down your goals. Why do you want to go on a juice fast? Do you just want a healthier lifestyle? Do you want to lose weight? Knowing why you’re doing something and listing the benefits of completing your goal motivates you to work harder to achieve your goal.
Getting excited about the real rewards of weight loss or any other goal builds stamina and motivation to sticking to your juice plan and exercise routine.
2. Make a planOnce you’ve set your goals and listed why you want to go the Alpha Reset, write out your plan. Plan ahead by listing all the fruits and vegetables you need from the grocery store. After you buy your fruits and vegetables, wash them and make prep bags. (If you don’t want to put your veggies in a plastic bag then you can just put it into glass tuber ware or wrap it around a paper towel).
Prep bags should include all the necessary ingredients needed for a particular juice recipe.
3. Join Juicing Vegetables FanpageInvite friends and family to join you in your juice fast. Accountability is a key in any goal. Join the Juicing Vegetables fan page for support and free recipes. Also if you start a juice fast and you don’t make it all the way through the days, don’t blame yourself or put yourself down. Often times, the guilt of making a mistake is worse than the mistake itself. Remember that you are strong and continue on.
4. Cut down/Eliminate Alcohol and SmokingIf you are addicted to, or have a high intake of stimulants like caffeine, alcohol, sugar and nicotine it helps to ease yourself off these gradually before starting a juice fast. Please remember that as well as not eating during the fast you will be expected to stop smoking, and drinking alcohol and caffeine. For one week prior to your juice fast try to eat as light and raw as possible. Incorporate raw vegetables and fresh vegetable juice into your daily consumption as well.
5. Prepare your body in advanceOne week before you begin your fast you should try to:
CUT DOWN OR ELIMINATE- Alcohol, caffeine, cigarettes, drugs, sugar, salt, artificial sweeteners and microwave foods
(If you are on medications always check with your physician before starting any new routine)
- Meat, fried or processed food, dairy products
- Gluten (oats, barley, rye, wheat) – bread, pasta, pies, cakes and pastries
INCREASE- Intake of raw foods in your diet – salads and sprouted foods
- Every morning start your day with warm water and lemon juice, it’s great for you. Check out the benefits here <—
- Spring water and hydrating fluids such as herbal teas and fresh fruit and vegetable juices
For more information how on to make drinking water fun and exciting click here <—
- Leafy green vegetables, quinoa, and vegetable soups
For more information on alkalizing juice recipes click here <—